السبت، 17 يناير 2015

بعض العبارات اليومية ..!











Asking for information 

طلب معلومة
Excuse me. Could you tell me where ... is?iii 
Excuse me. Can you tell me...?iii 
Do you know...?iii 
You wouldn't know..., would you?iii 
Do you happen to know...?iii 
I'd like to know..., please. 
And there's another thing I'd like to know... i
I would be interested to know... i
Please could you tell me... i


Asking for directions 
السؤال عن الاتجاهات

Excuse me, could you tell me how to get to ... (place), please? iii
Which way is the ... (place), please?iii 
Could you tell me where ... is, please? iii
Do you know where ... is?iii 


Asking someone to repeat 
طلب إعادة ما قاله شخص ما 

Could you say that again, please?iii 
Would you mind repeating that, please?iii 
Could you repeat that, please?iii 
I'm sorry I didn't catch that. 
I'm sorry, what was ... again? iii
I'm sorry? iii
I beg your pardon? iii
I'm sorry, what was that?iii 


Checking that you've understood 
التأكد من أنك قد فهمت 

So, I / We have to... 
Do you want me / us to...?iii
Am I / Are we supposed to...? iii
Should I...?iii 
So, the (general/basic) idea is to... i
Do you mean...?iii 
Does this mean that...?iii 
So am I right in saying...? iii
So, what you're saying is... i



Expressing uncertainty 
التعبير عن عدم اليقين 

I'm not really sure but I think... i
I can't say for certain but... i
It's difficult to say exactly but perhaps... i
I couldn't say, really... ii
I'm not sure. 
I don't know for sure but... i



Giving yourself time to think
إعطاء نفسك الفرصة لكي تفكر 


Well, let me see... i
Let me think... i
Let me get this right... i
Um, well, that's a difficult question / that's an interesting question. 
I'll have to / Let me think about that for a moment... i
I think it's difficult to answer that question... ii
How shall I put it?iii... i
Now, how can I best say this...? iii


Interrupting politely 
مقاطعة الحديث بأدب 

Could I just say something? iii
Actually, I'd just like to say... i
Sorry to interrupt, but... i
Oh, while I remember / before I forget... i
Excuse me... i
May I interrupt? iii


Saying you don't know 
التعبير عن عدم التعرف على أمر ما 

I'm afraid I can't help you. 
I'm sorry, I don't know. 



BEING POLITE 
التعبير بأدب 

و هي لها عدة طرق 


Showing interest 
إظهار الاهتمام 


Uh-huh! 
Right! 
Really?iii 
That's interesting! 
And? iii
What then?iii 
Oh?iii 
What happened next?iii 


Showing that you're listening 
أظهار أنك تستمع بشغف 


Now, you mentioned... 
So, that's how...? iii
Yes, I was going to ask you about that... 
Could you give me / us an example of...? iiii
Could you explain in more detail...? iii


Thanking and responding 
التعبير عن الشكر و الامتنان 

many thanks. 
Thanks a lot. 
Cheers! 
That's very kind of you. 
Thank you very much 
Not at all. 
It's a pleasure. / My pleasure. 
You're welcome. 
Don't mention it. 
Any time. 
That's OK / all right. 
I'm glad to have been of some help

Apologizing 
الاعتذار 


Sorry 
I'm very/awfully/so/extremely sorry. 
Excuse me. 
Sorry, (it was) my fault. 
I do apologize. 
Please accept my apologies. 
Accepting an apology 
That's all right/OK. 
Not to worry. 
That's quite/perfectly all right. 
No reason/need to apologize. 
Don't worry about it 



TALKING ABOUT ACTIONS 
التعبير عن الأفعال


Giving instructions
إعطاء التعليمات 

Make sure... i
Remember... (to do). i
Be careful... (Not to do). i
Don't forget... (To do) i
Giving directions i
Go straight on. 
Take the first/second on the left / right. 
Turn left / right. 
Go along... as far as... i
Take the number 7 bus / tram. 
Get off (the bus / tram) at... (Place). i
Carry on until you see... i
Look out for... i


Checking someone has understood 
التأكد من الشخص قد فهم ما تصبو إليه 


Are you with me? iii
Did you follow that?iii 
Have you got that?iii 
Is everything clear so far? iii
Does that seem to make sense? iii


Sequencing actions 
(كلمات الترتيب (التتابع 


First of all, 
Next, 
Then, 
After that, 
Finally, 



Making suggestions 
الاقتراح 



Shall I / we... (Do)?iii 
Let's... (Do). 
Why don't I / we... (Do)? iii
How about... (Doing)?iii 
What about... (Doing)? iii
I think we should... (Do). iii
I suggest that we... (Do). iii
It might be a good idea if we / you... (Do). iii
I think the best way of dealing with this situation would be to... (Do). iii
If you ask me, I think we / you should... (Do). iii
We could... i



Agreeing to a suggestion 
الموافقة على اقتراح 


Yes, I think that's a good idea. 
That's probably the best option. 
Sure, why not?iii 
Yes, definitely. 
By all means. 
Good idea! 

Rejecting a suggestion 
رفض اقتراح 

Yes, but wouldn't it be better to... (Do).iii 
That's a good idea, but... (Do).iii 
Making invitations 
What are you doing on... (Day)? iii
Have you got any plans for...? (Day/time of day)? iii
Would you like to... (Do)?iii 
Do you fancy... (Doing)? iii
What about... (Doing)? iii


Accepting an invitation 
قبول دعوة 


Yes, I'd love to. 
Yes, that would be great. 
Refusing an invitation 
I'm afraid I'm busy on... (Day). How about next... (Day)?iii 
I'm sorry I can't. I'm... (Doing something else).iii
I'm afraid I can't make it. I'm... (Doing something else).iii 
I'd love to, but... i
That's very kind of you, but...i

Expressing a preference 
التعبير عن مفاضلة أمر ما 

I'd much rather... (Do) than... (Do something else).iiii 
I prefer... to... i
I'd prefer to... (Do).iii 
I think... is much more interesting than... i
I don't find... half as interesting as... i
I like... better than... i


Making recommendations
إعطاء التوصيات 


You mustn't miss the... i
You must go to the... ii
You've got to... (Do)iii i
You'll love the... i
I wouldn't recommend the... i
You definitely wouldn't enjoy going to the... i


Offering something 
تقديم شيء ما



Would you like...? iii
What can I get you? iii
Help yourself to... i
Please have some... i
Would you care for some...? iii
Can I offer you...? iii
Can I get you a... / anything? iii



Accepting something that's offered 
الموفقة على شيء ما تم تقديمه إليك



Yes, please. 
Thank you very much. 
That would be very nice. 
I'd like some..., please. 



Declining something that's offered 
رفض قبول شيء ما مقدم إليك

I'm all right/I'm fine, thank you. 
No, thanks. 
Not this time, thanks. 
I'm not sure I could, thank you. 
Asking for advice 
What do you think I should do?iii 
What would you do (if you were in my situation)? iii
What would you advise me to do? iii



Giving advice 
إسداء النصيحة 


I think you should... (Do)iii. 
You could... (Do)iii. 
Why don't you... (Do)?iii 
If I were you, I'd... (Do)iiii. 
Have you tried...? (Doing)?iii 


Asking for permission 
طلب الإذن


Can I.../May I..., please? iii
Do you mind if I...? iii
Mind if I...? iii
Any chance I could...? iii
I wonder/I was wondering if I could... i
Would it be possible for me to... i
Do you have any objection if I...? iii
Would it bother you if I...? iii
i

Giving permission
إعطاء الإذن

Of course. 
By all means. 
Certainly. 
Yes, that's OK/fine. 
You're welcome to... 
Please feel free to... 
Please don't hesitate to... 
Sure. 
OK. 
Go ahead. 
Why not?iii


Refusing permission 
رفض الإذن 



I'm afraid not.
 I'm sorry it's not possible...
 I'm afraid you can't.
 I'm afraid that's out of the question. 


COMMUNICATING IDEAS 
(قل الأفكار (التعبير عن الرأي 

Agreeing 
الموافقة 

I'd probably agree on that. 
I think that's probably right. 
That's absolutely right. 
Sure! That's exactly what I think. 
I couldn't agree with you more. 
That's what I think.



Disagreeing 
الرفض


Yes, but... i
True, but...i 
I see what you mean, but...i 
I suppose so, but... i
Yes, but on the other hand... i
I'm afraid I disagree / don't agree / can't agree...i 
I'm not sure if that's strictly true. 
You have a point there, but... i
Actually, I'm not sure if I agree with that. 

Asking what someone thinks 
استطلاع رأى شخص ما 

What do you think? iii
What do you reckon? iiii
What's your opinion about/of...? iii
What's your position on...? iii
What's your reaction to...?iii 
What's your take on...? iii
Do you have any thoughts on...? iii


Stating consequences 
التعبير عن تتابع الأحداث 

As a result, ... i
Consequently, ... i
Because of this, ... i
Due to (cause),... i
Expressing two points of view 
On the one hand..., on the other hand... i
Although I'd..., I certainly wouldn't... i
While I might..., I don't think I'd... i
Of course I'd..., but I'm not sure if I'd... i
There's no doubt that it would..., but there's also a chance it might... i


Giving examples 
إعطاء الأمثلة 

For example, ... i
For instance, ... i
One example of this is... i
To give you an idea, ... i
Look at the case of... i
Take, for example, ... i
Let' say, ... i


Justifying your opinions 
(تبرير الرأي ( أعطاء الأسباب 

Personally, I (don't) think... because... i
Let's (not)... because... i
In my opinion, I (don't) feel... because... i
I would definitely (not)... because... i
It would be better to... as... i
I (don't) feel that it's important to... as...i


Linking what you're saying 
الربط بين ما تقول 

Anyway, ... i
True, but ... i
As a matter of fact, ... i
... sort of... i
Hmm... i
... you know... i
... believe me... i



Ordering / Sequencing 
الترتيب التتابع 

First of all, ... i
To start with, ... i
Secondly, ... 
Another thing is that... i
Alternatively, ... 
Last but not least, ... i



Persuading 
الإقناع 

But don't you agree that... i
Yes, but I'm sure you'd agree that... i
Don't you think that... i
Presenting an opinion i
Personally, I think that... i
It seems to me that... i
From my point of view, ... i
In my opinion, ... i



Prioritizing 
ترتيب الأولويات 

... would be much more important than... i
I don't think... would be nearly as important / urgent as...i 
.

... will definitely be the most / least ... i


Speculating 
التأمل 

It's difficult to say exactly but I suppose it could be... 
I'm not sure but it might be... 
It can't be... because... 
It must be... because... 
I would guess... 


Summarizing 
التلخيص 

So what it comes down to is... 
The point I'm trying to make is... 
Let me just recap what's been said so far. 
In short, 
To sum up, 
Basically, 
Overall, it would seem that... 

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق

ملحوظة: يمكن لأعضاء المدونة فقط إرسال تعليق.